Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Heat wave - it's a stinker

Urgh - it is soooo hot. When can we move to Antarctica? I love penguins! We are in the midst of a stinker of a heat wave. Bendigo temperature was 42 degrees today - it's too hot to even think, let alone work or sleep. My mum is in Mildura and she had 44degrees today and my sister lives in Port Augusta where it topped 46 degrees. This is ridiculous.

I work inside an airconditioned office, so I shouldn't complain too much. Jim's workplace will be really hot and he does manual work too - he will be tired and grumpy when he gets home. I worry about my pets being outside - I thought about freezing some containers of ice to try to keep their water cool, but it won't last long in this heat. And fortunately, so far, there are no major fires in Victoria.

What are your tips for surviving the summer heatwave? Do you have any suggestions, because I really need them today!

Stay cool

Helen

No comments: