Monday, January 11, 2010

Do you like Spiders

One hot  summers night, I happened to wander outside and I was amazed and startled to find the plethora of spiders that were busy doing what spiders do on a hot night - make webs and catch bugs.  We walked around the house with torches and my Dad was here too - he loved it.  I got a few photos of the spiders and the webs and I resisted the temptation to spray the fly spray around (except when it comes to the Redbacks - there's no mercy with Redbacks).  I think I can tolerate spiders outside the house, but not inside.  Apparently they have been identified as Garden weaving spiders - they are actually quite colourful up close  (on the computer that is - not in real life!), and they don't like coming inside anyway.  Perfect!

Do you have spiders like this at your place? What do you do about them - is it peace or perish?

No comments: